Daily Procedure Reminders
We are working toward a smooth back-to-school transition. Here are some helpful reminders to make the back-to-school transition a smooth one.
- All students should report to school by 7:35 am. All classes begin promptly at 8:00 am.
- All students should come to school in full uniform. No exceptions. (If circumstances are preventing your student from being in uniform in any way, please contact your Program Coordinator.)
- The Student Rights and Responsibilities Handbook is an excellent source for information regarding graduation requirements, student conduct and more. It is a good idea to become familiar with it before the school year begins. You can access the handbook on the page at this link: http://www1.pgcps.org/students/
- All students should enter the school through the cafeteria doors between 7:35 am and 8:00 am only. Students arriving after 8:00 am should enter through the front office. Remember that traffic is not an excused tardy.
- Middle school students are dismissed at 2:49 pm. High school students are dismissed at 2:54 pm. All students are to exit through the cafeteria doors for pick-up.
- All students should be picked up by 3:05 pm. Students still waiting on transportation will need to remain in the back pick-up area until their ride arrives. Any student who is not involved in an after-school activity, and is still on the premises after 3:15 p.m. will report to the Daily Enrichment Program. The fee for the Daily Enrichment Program is $20.
- During the hours of 7:00 am to 8:00 am and 2:30 pm and 3:30 pm, traffic is one way. All cars must enter in front of the building and exit by going around the building. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Students who have permission to walk to and from school will need to submit a signed permission slip to the school secretary. Please click here to download the Walker’s Permission Slip: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz2Oz87cqhfLZUdJbGgwVVNybFk/view?usp=sharing
- Students should NOT bring their backpacks to school until they have received their locker assignments. A writing utensil and notebook should be sufficient for getting through the first day of classes.
- While microwaves are available to students during lunchtime, the wait to use them can be long. If your student brings lunch to school, you can ensure they have adequate time to eat by sending items that do not need to be heated.
- Students will receive their schedules the first day of school.
We ask for your support with these policy and procedures, this is very important to ensure the safety of all of our students.