- A resume is a professional document created by a person to present their background, skills, and accomplishments. In addition, it is a summary of one’s relevant education and job experience. People often have multiple resumes for different jobs and opportunities.
What is the purpose of a resume?
- Having a completed resume can showcase your educational background, job experience and skills to future employers, internship supervisors, or colleges.
- Here is why you need a resume!
Who needs a resume?
- Whether your postsecondary plans include attending college or getting a job, having a resume is vital for success. Showcasing your work in a specific field can be vital in being the difference between getting accepted into various programs, colleges, or job opportunities.
- Here are resume examples of people seeking all different types of positions such as college, sales positions, professional services and financial services.
- Resume Examples for Each Career Field
How can I write an effective resume?
When starting to write a resume, think about everything you have done in the past and make a list! Once you have made a list, you can break down where different experiences or jobs should be highlighted along the resume.
Check out this resource in Naviance for assistance in creating a resume: Naviance Resume Builder