CMIT Crushes the Competition at the Caribou Math Competition
Greetings, CMIT family,
I hope this email finds you well. I would like to announce the math contest results that were revealed recently. One of them was a national-wide contest, Math League, and the others are an international-wide contest, Caribou Contest.
Our students were studying hard and represented our school. I would like to congratulate the Mathmagicians students, Hannah Simmons, Christina Thomas, Favour Nwogu, Suhani Patel, Jayden Russell, and Nigel Seymour, Izuchukwu Nwadike, Kanyinsola Ijaduola, Renee Ogoh, and Leah Brooks for working hard and participating in the contests.
Math League school-wide – April 2021 winners:
- First Place: Nigel Seymour
- Second Place: Favour Nwogu and Hannah Simmons
9/10 Grades Caribou Contest – April 2021 winners:
- Nigel Seymour: Schoolwide: 1st place, Statewide: 1st place, Nationwide: 8th place, Internationalwide: 335th place,
- Christina Thomas: Schoolwide: 2nd place, Statewide: 2nd place, Nationwide: 14th place, Internationalwide: 439th place,
- Suhani Patel: Schoolwide: 3rd place, Statewide: 3rd place, Nationwide: 19th place,
- Leah Brooks: Schoolwide: 4th place, Statewide: 4th place, Nationwide: 20th place,
9/10 Grades Caribou Contest – 2020 – 2021 (January-February-April) winners:
- Suhani Patel: Schoolwide: 1st place, Statewide: 1st place, Nationwide: 23rd place, Internationalwide: 25%,
- Nigel Seymour: Schoolwide: 2nd place, Statewide: 2nd place, Nationwide: 28th place, Internationalwide: 26%,
- Favour Nwogu: Schoolwide: 3rd place, Statewide: 3rd place, Nationwide: 29th place, Internationalwide: 29%
- Christina Thomas: Schoolwide: 4th place, Statewide: 4th place, Nationwide: 35th place,
- Kanyinsola Ijaduola: Schoolwide: 5th place, Statewide: 5th place, Nationwide: 41st place,
Please join me, and congrats to our students!!!
Go CMIT! Go Mathmagicians!
Upcoming contests: Caribou Contest: May 5/6th, 2021 Math League – High School: May 20th, 2021
***Math League – High School Contest is open to all high school students. Please let me know if you are interested via email. You can join the next section of the Mathmagicians Club to be ready. The club is on Tuesdays at 4 pm.
Esra Keskin, MBA
Math Contests & Competitions Coach